In the spirit of my third grade diary, which was the only year I wrote EVERY SINGLE DAY even if all I wrote was "I don't have anything to say today" and was basically an event-by-event record of daily happenings with no thoughts or feelings described, I am going to recount stuff that happened today. Now, some of it may have actual introspection which didn't happen so much when I was nine, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you.
-In non-chronological order-
Went to the bookstore: Steven wanted to go to HPB (half-price-books. I will not spell this out again) and asked me, nearly as an afterthought I might add, if I wanted to go. I have a headache, have had one all day, but he never wants to go to a bookstore unless it's my birthday and he's feeling generous, so I said, "Of course I want to go." And so we went. And I bought two books even though I have about three-hundred books on my reading list(these weren't on the list) and quite a few unread volumes already haunting my shelves.
Ate two meals that had bagels and pepperoni in them: I justified this to myself by remembering that I ate a bunch of grapes and a banana today, too, as well some peanut butter. I also have a big bottle of cranberry juice in the fridge. I don't know why this makes me feel better since I haven't opened it yet and have no immediate plans to do so, but it does.
Saw a rainbow: The end of it disappeared into a fluffy cloud and for some reason the only color that was visible near it's tail was green. I marveled at the wierdness of it while rejoicing that Steven was driving so that I could stare out the window.
Made thank you cards online: I made one for my aunt and mailed it to her (they stamp and mail it for you! kudos, shutterfly, for squeezing another dollar out of me by anticipating my laziness!) and started on the one for Steven's granny. But when I shuffled through my birthday cards again and tried to read her return address (she recently moved) I couldn't decipher the name of her street. Steven can't read it either and doesn't know it by heart yet. I could ask him to call his parents and ask, but I won't. Because he'll never remember to ask. I could call them, but I won't remember either. So I saved the card and shut the site down in discouragement.
Wondered how long that box of Ritz crackers has been sitting on the shelf: It's been there so long it's now part of the decor.
I think I might dig out that old third grade diary. Who knows, if I find anything juicy I'll post it here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment